Services and Fee Policies
Hearing: 200.00 per hour
Study: 200.00 per hour
Travel: 100.00 per hour
Cancellation: 1,200.00 per day
Cancellation Time Period: Prior to 14 days of confirmed hearing dates
- The per diem rate is $1200.00. A day for purposes of the fee is calculated at six (6) hours, for the hearing, for the study of the record, and for preparation of the opinion. Hearings that are one day or less will be charged the full per diem rate. Subsequent hearings days of three hours or less will be billed at one half of the per diem rate for that portion of the hearing.
- Travel time to and from the hearing location is charged from the closest business address utilized by the Arbitrator. Travel on days other than hearing days is billed in half day increments of the per diem rate. When travel and hearing time exceed six hours in one day, time after six hours will be billed in half day increments.
- Cancellations or postponements of confirmed hearing dates occurring 14 days or less prior to the hearing date will be assessed the per diem rate for one day. Indefinite postponements and abeyances beyond the scheduled hearing date will be treated as cancellations for billing purposes. Hearings that are rescheduled and confirmed more than twice at the request of the parties will result in a full per diem’s cancellation fee if they are later canceled, regardless of notice. No charges will be made or credited if a case is rescheduled due to inclement weather before the Arbitrator departs for the hearing.
- Expenses incurred for transportation and accommodations on out-of-town trips and meals are based upon actual out-of-pocket expenditures and charged from the closest business address, unless otherwise agreed. Automobile travel reimbursements will be charged at the current IRS rate per mile. Costs of photocopying, postage, faxing and long-distance phone calls, and all other actual expenses, including any cancellation fees or change fees charged by airlines, hotels, rental car companies, etc. will be billed to the parties on an actual cost basis. Receipts will be provided if they are requested by the parties prior to the scheduled hearing dates.
- Conference calls regarding substantive matters will be billed at the per diem rate on a pro rata basis, plus phone charges.
- The drafting of any settlement agreements will be charged on an actual time basis (in addition to any hearing charges.)
- Pre-hearing conferences and/or mediation performed at the request of the parties will be charged in the same manner as hearings.
- If the parties choose to waive the hearing and, instead, submit all evidence, briefs, etc. to the Arbitrator for an opinion to be rendered, a minimum of two (2) days’ fees will be charged. Any canceled hearing dates will also be subject to cancellation charges.
- The Arbitrator reserves the right to bill the parties on an interim basis (prior to when a decision is rendered) if the Arbitrator deems early expenditures for the case to be considerable, or upon the postponement or cancellation of a confirmed hearing date.
- All fees and expenses will be charged equally to the parties unless the Arbitrator is otherwise advised jointly by the parties.